Wanna win cash prizes in time for the holidays? Read on…
Maeil Shinmun is holding the â€˜2010 National Multicultural Family Autobiography Contestâ€™ to expand the publicâ€™s understanding regarding multicultural families and increase multicultural individualsâ€™ motivation to study Hangul. This contest is targeted to multicultural persons and their families, and they can write essays on what they have realized as a member of a multicultural family. Contest deadline is November 1st 2010.
Who can join?
– Members of multicultural families who have moved to Korea for marriage or employment
– Marriage immigrants or their spouse
– Children and parents (womanâ€™s side, manâ€™s side, etc.) of multicultural families, etc.
– Families of foreign laborers
– Other international marriage families.
What to write?
The topic should be about what you have realized as a member of a multicultural family that has come to Korea for marriage or employment, and it should be organized as an autobiography or a prose. (â€» the content must be based on facts)
– Sorrows of international marriages or the immigration process
– Stories of the background information on the reasons of immigration or stories of your family in the home country
– Incidents that occurred due to cultural differences or difficulties in life
– Conflicts between family members or stories about neighbors in Korea
– Stories about adapting to the life in Korea or difficulties encountered in childrenâ€™s education
– You or your familyâ€™s thoughts on the life of multicultural families.
1 work per person / Submit 20 pages with 200 characters per page or 3 pages in A4 (12 pt) written in Korean
Where to submit?
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail : (Postal Code 700-715) ëŒ€êµ¬ê´‘ì—ì‹œ ì¤‘êµ¬ ì„œì„±ë¡œ 26 (ê³„ì‚°2ê°€ 71ë²ˆì§€)
When you submit your work, you must provide the following information: name (Korean, English), birthdate, contact number (home phone, cell phone), and address. Submission by e-mail is recommended.
Got any question?
Maeil Shinmun Division of Culture Projects: Person in charge of the â€˜Autobiography Contestâ€™ (â˜Ž 053-251-1416)â€»
Deadline for Submission
Essays must be submitted by Nov. 1st 2010 (Mon.)Announcement of WinnersNov. 15th 2010 (Mon) / Website of the host: Maeil Shinmun / Planned
What you can win:
Grand Prize (1) – Trophy + 3 Million KRW
Excellence Award (2) – Trophy + 1 Million KRW
Honorable Mention (3) – Trophy + 800K KRW
Special Selection (10) – Trophy + 500K KRW
Winners (30) – Trophy + 200K KRW
Here’s the complete information from ë‹¤ë¬¸í™”ì •ë³´:
2010 Multicultural Family Autobiography Contest
You can also find information on multicultural families in the website as well as links to other Korean websites with information for migrants.