â–¡ Seoul Foreign Student Volunteers Overview
â Volume of recruitment : 50 people
– Foreign student enrolled in a university in Seoul area (graduate students and language school students are also eligible to apply)
– Holding Visa valid until December 31st, 2014.
â Period : 2014.7.1(Tue.) ~ 2014.12.31(Wed.)
â Main Activities
– Quarterly volunteering activities with â€˜kt (Korea Telecom) university student IT supporters
– Teach children of migrant workers or immigrant families at least once in every month
â Special benefits
– Opportunity to apply for the kt scholarship beneficiary
– 20 successful candidates
â–· Teach foreign languages to children in local children center for 6 months (both online and offline)
â–· Total amount of the scholarship is 2.5 million won per an individual. The selected student will receive 500,000 won with the start of the volunteer activity, and 2,000,000 won at the end of the activity
â–· Scholarship grantees are required to take part in the volunteer activity twice a week and eight times a month.
â€» A student expecting to graduate in 2014 and language school students are not eligible to apply for the KT scholarship.
– Priority to join Korean culture classes in Seoul Global Culture & Tourism Center
– Priority to register free classes offered by the Seoul Global Center
– Seoul field trip
â Major events: orientation(6.4), demonstration voluntary activity(6.18), Seoul field trip(10.17), closing ceremony(12.19),
â€» KT scholarship award ceremony(5.29)
â€» The above schedules are subject to change without prior notice
â Document Screening
– Application deadline: 2014. 5. 15(Thu.)
– Required Document
âˆ™Application (compulsory), Certificate of Enrollment (compulsory), TOPIK score (optional)
â€» please mark a circle in scholarship section in the application form, if you want to apply for the kt scholarship.
– Submission: email submission in form of electronic file (hwp, doc, jpg, pdf)
– Submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Screening criteria: positive attitude toward volunteering, TOPIK score, etc.
– Result announcement: 2014. 5. 19(Mon.) by email and mobile message
– Date & Time: 14:00~17:00, 5.22(Thu), 2014
â Final result announcement: 2014. 5. 26(Mon.) (by email and mobile message)
â€»The KT scholarship beneficiaries will also be announced at the same time.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
â€» The selected volunteers and the kt scholarship beneficiaries will be informed individually by email and
mobile message. The selection may not be made in case there are no qualified applications. For further
information, inquire to Seoul Metropolitan Government, Multiculturalism Division at 02-2133-5077.
*Reposted from Hanultari