Continuing the “Things to Know for the Married Immigrant in South Korea.” Please be aware of the following:
Pay attention when looking for a job
1. Every year the minimum wage is changed. Always sign an employment contract in writing that clearly states monthly payment, holiday and working hours. Other wise make a record ( In 2017 the minimum wage per hour is 6,470 won. The monthly minimum wage is (40 hours of work per week) is 1,352,230 won)
2. It is goo d to have notes about working time ( time in and time our) of workings hours.
3. You can report SEXUAL VIOLENCE (sexual harassment) that occurs at work and may receive support from a COUNSELING CENTER
4. If prostitution is forced in massage parlors , report to the authority and receive help from a counseling center.
5. You must have accurate information about your employer including name, contact information and address. It is also helpful to know your co-worker’s name and contact information in case of emergency.
6. Check whether you have a social insurance such as health insurance unemployment insurance , occupational health and safety insurance and foreign worker’s specific insurances . Even if it reduces your income because you have to pay contributions, it is best to have these insurance policies to receive benefits during unexpected crisis.
7. A minimum of five employees (excluding the employer and employers Family) is required to receive protection from the Labor Standards Act , which entitles you to overtime / night time / holiday pay , annual paid vacation , and procedure to seek remedies for unfair termination .
8. If overtime and paid holiday are not paid properly, it is good to have some evidence of hours worked, You can take a picture of a commute record card and if there is not a commute card or you cannot collect any evidence, write down the hours your worked. If you commute by public transport and pay using a credit card, your credit card statement can be used as evidence of travelling to and from work.
9. If you work over 1 year continuously, you can receive severance pay
10. EPS Counseling Center 1577-0071 press 4 Tagalog
Policy Changes Concerning Foreigners
1. You should know how ot use the Internet because many immigration administrative affairs are performed online.
2. When foreigner from high -risk Tuberculosis country applies for alien registration or issuance / extension / change of visa , she must submit a Tuberculosis test report and confirmations document from the Korean Public health clinic.
3. Any Korean who invites or sponsors a foreigner for a marriage visa must prove a minimum income . which changes each year (in 2016 a 2 person household required annual income of 16,500,517 won (before tax)
4. If you submit an application form asylum m you can receive emergency living expense with in 6 months of submission.
Pay Attention to money transactions and financial fraud
1. Always insist on a receipt or promissory note when entering a money transactions with others.
2. Use a bank remittance (account transfer)on transactions with others.
3. No police, prosecutor or bank will ever demand you to withdraw money over the phone, and you should call the institution directly to verify.
4. Even when someone you know asks yourself suddenly through a messenger, do not transfer money to his. her account before speaking with the person directly.
To protect your rights when dealing with the police, prosecution and courts
1. You can request interpretation when you need communication at a police station, Public Prosecutor’s Office or a court.
2. During the investigation process at the police station and Public Persecutors Office read your testimony thoroughly before signing.
3. If you are a victim of a crime , you can receive help with receiving counseling , legal aid pr medical support , contacting your legal guardian(s) cleaning the crime scene , accompanying to the court , and improving living conditions (Crime Victim Support Center 1577-1295)
Medical Support Services for Foreigners
1. For Alien Registration or issuance / extension /change of visa ,a person originating from a high – risk tuberculosis country can receive a tuberculosis medical certification and a confirmation document from a public health clinic.
2. There are places that provide special medical care for foreigners who reside in Korea.
3. When you are hospitalized and have difficulty affording medical costs, you can consult with the hospital social worker.
If you cannot join health insurance , join a medical mutual –aid union for foreigners and receive help
If you are a married migrant woman , apply for a national happiness card and receive support for pregnancy and childbirth medical fees (check in advance whether your region also provides port postpartum caretaker)
May katanungan ako tungkol dun sa Severance Pay kasama ba dun ang mga nagwowork sa Diplomat o sa mga Ambassador?pls.need ko sagot nyo po.
hello please review nyo po ang contract ninyo working at diplomats po – Gennie KIm